CLOSED May 12th through August 18th
Fall/Spring Academic Sessions
|Monday - Thursday||6:00 AM - 11:00 PM|
|Friday||6:00 AM - 9:00 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 PM - 9:00 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 PM - 11:00 PM|
*Hours vary during holidays and academic breaks. See Hours for full calendar information on hours of operation.
The SAC Fitness Center provides participants with experienced and knowledgeable Fitness Assistants that will answer any questions about exercising and the facility, and help participants uphold the facility rules. A Fitness Assistant will also help with instruction on how to properly use all equipment and provide spotting for free weights.
Fitness Center Guidelines
The Fitness Center has specific guidelines that outline the facility rules and regulations, for your safety.
- All participants must have a valid UNC Charlotte ID to enter the Fitness Center
- All participants must sign a liability waiver each academic year
- In addition to the waiver, it is recommended that each participant consult a physician before starting any fitness program
- Obscene or abusive language is not permitted
- Drugs, alcohol, and tobacco are prohibited, as well as use of the facility under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Personal Trainers not hired or authorized by Recreational Services may not train clients within the Fitness Center
- Food, drink, and gum are prohibited
- Drinks must be in a container that can be sealed
- Participants must wear appropriate clothing, including a full, unaltered t-shirt with sleeves (long or short, no cap-sleeve) that covers the chest, sides, back, and stomach. Shirt must be free of buttons, snaps, or zippers
- No jeans, cargo pants, or shorts with belt loops, belts, or zippers may be worn
- Participants must wear appropriate closed-toed, closed-heeled, athletic footwear
- No sandals, clogs, or hiking boots
- We recommend lifting with a partner whose strength is similar to yours. If lifting without a partner, avoid lifting weights over or above the body; instead use the selectorized equipment.
- Share equipment and allow others to use your machine when doing multiple sets.
- Please limit cardio machine workouts to 30 minutes when others are waiting.
- Utility benches must be kept out of walkway and away from emergency exits.
- Re-rack all weights/plates to their designated areas.
- Patrons must wipe down machines and benches after use.
- Chalk is not permitted.
- Weight collars or clips must be used on plate-loaded freeweights.
- Perform controlled reps only – do not allow weights to drop or slam.
- Weights/bars may not be leaned or braced against the walls.
- Medicine balls may not be thrown against the walls.
- Cubicles are available to store bags, extra clothing, etc. When the cubicles are full, all participants must use lockers in the locker rooms; padlocks should be used, and are not provided by the facility. Recreational Services and the SAC are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Recumbent Bikes
- Upright Bikes
- Krank Cycles
- ARC Trainers
- Rowing Machines
- Lateral Trainers
Strength Machines and Equipment:
- Weight Machines
- Power Racks
- Max Rack
- Free Weights
- SYNERGY360 Cable Cross-Over
- Olympic Benches
- Towels may be checked out at equipment checkout with a valid UNC Charlotte ID.
- Fitness Assessments: Cardio Endurance, Muscular Strength, Muscular Endurance, Flexibility, Body Comp (skinfold test), and Blood Pressure. Fees:$15.00 for Students and $ 20.00 F/S Members and Non-Members
- Guest Policy: Currently enrolled UNC Charlotte students are approved to sponsor 1-2 guests. Guest fees will apply (see memberships).
- Personal Training (see Personal Training Page)