**NEW DATE: Saturday, March 25, 2017**
We've Waited With Baited Breath...
Join Chancellor Philip L. Dubois and the UNC Charlotte Bass Fishing Team for this special faculty and staff event: the Chancellor's Inaugural Fishing Derby! Fishing, fun, prizes, refreshments, and t-shirts will be provided at this family-friendly event. You might even win Chancellor's Box seats for a Charlotte 49ers home football or men's basketball game!
Bring your poles, your family, and friends, and Let's Go Fishing!
The Chancellor's Inaugural Fishing Derby
Saturday, March 25, 2017
Check-in opens 8 A.M. • Three Fishing Sessions • Rain or Shine
Hechenbleikner Lake, UNC Charlotte
(near the University front entrance by Reese, Colvard, and Rowe)
*No fishing license required.
Hosted by the UNC Charlotte Bass Fishing Team
Co-sponsored by Riley's Catch, Barnes & Noble at UNC Charlotte, Bass Pro Shops, Canteen, Farm Bureau, Pepsi, the Popp Martin Student Union, and Cone University Center
- Online registration closes at 3PM on Friday, March 24th
- Walk up registration will be taken at the event
- Register online in advance.
- Please check-in on-site at least 30 minutes prior to your session.
- Three separate 45-minute sessions:
- 8:30 A.M.
- 9:30 A.M.
- 10:30 A.M.
- $8 per spot / per session (you may register for up to three sessions per person)
- Max participation: 40 fishers per session (Register early!)
- Registration for self and guests must be completed by a UNC Charlotte faculty or staff member with a valid University email address.
Proceeds support the UNC Charlotte Bass Fishing Team
- All species of fish valid.
- All fish caught will be recorded and released.
- Go Fish! Kids' Lessons
- Free with registration.
- First 10 minutes of each session.
- Please bring you own fishing rods; a very limited number of rods will be available for use on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Riley's Catch will provide limited kids' rods for use (rigged with hooks, sinkers, and bobbers) and kid-friendly fishing games for landlubbers of all ages.
- Prizes to be awarded in each session for the following:
- Most Fish Caught (total number; catch-and-release)
- Heaviest Largemouth Bass
- Youngest Participant to Catch a Fish
- Prizes include a pair of Chancellor's box seats to a Charlotte 49ers home football game (2017 season) or men's basketball game and gift certificates from Barnes & Noble at UNC Charlotte.
- Free parking in Cone Visitors Deck (campus map)
- Special Offer! On the day of the event, use your tournament wristband to purchase Brunch for $6 per person plus tax at SoVi Dining Hall from 10:30 A.M. to 2 P.M., just a short walk from the lake. Any associated guests or parents that enter SoVi with a participant that has an Fishing Tournament wrist band is eligible for the discounted price.
- Open only to UNC Charlotte faculty, staff, and their guests.
- No live bait allowed (must be artificial, non-living).
- All fishing rods allowed EXCEPT fly fishing rods (due to safety purposes).
- All fish caught, including trophy size, will be released.
- Participants are only allowed to fish from their designated areas.
- Participants may only have one lure in the water at a time.
- All fish caught must be landed and recorded by Bass Fishing Team member.
- Participants can release their own fish, if desired.