Recreational Services encourages all individuals who have disabilities to become involved in the activities, programs, and services available through the department. Equipment in our Fitness Center can be easily accessed or adapted for individual use. Fitness Center Staff is readily available to assist by familiarizing individuals to the equipment, provide spotting, and provide assistance in reaching personal fitness goals. We welcome suggestions and will make every reasonable effort to accommodate the needs of all individuals who utilize our services and programs.
UNC Charlotte and the Department of Recreational Services have worked diligently to provide access for everyone.
- The Fitness Center has an upper body ergometer for cardiovascular fitness.
- The Fitness Center provides several multi-circuit stations for strength training.
- The Belk Pool has a moveable lift that is accessible directly through the entrance to the facility.
- Accommodating restrooms and drinking fountains are available in the Belk Gymnasium and Barnhardt SAC.
- 26 handicap parking spaces are available on the west side of the Barnhardt SAC for those individuals who have proper vehicle identification.
- 7 handicap parking spaces, a ramp, and an exterior entrance are available from parking lot 7 to access the Belk gymnasium Swimming Pool.
- Staff is available to assist all participants during regular hours of operation.
- Printed materials concerning Recreational Services programs are available in alternative format upon request.