A Personal Trainer is responsible for tailoring a plan to specifically meet the needs and goals of their client. They are to lead the client and ensure they meet their exercise goals by providing hands-on education and support. Their duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide a safe and fun learning environment for clients
- Promotion and education of exercise with clients, i.e.: muscular strength, muscular endurance, cardiovascular strength, cardiovascular endurance and flexibility
- Knowledgeable in dynamics exercise
- Provide customer service and information to potential clients
- Knowledge of the SAC Fitness Center policies
- Participate in Continuing Education Credits (CEC's or CEU's)
- Must be current UNC Charlotte student and/or Faculty/Staff
- Must have and maintain a current Fitness Personal Trainer certification
- Must have a current First Aid certification or equivalent
- Must have a current Adult CPR certification or equivalent
- Cover Letter
- Copy of Persoanl Training Certification
Applications will be posted on NinerTalent.
Are you interested in becoming a Personal Trainer?
Questions? Contact Liz Newcomb for more information on our shadowing process. You can also visit the Certifications page for information on certifications in the Charlotte area.