An Intramural Sports Official is responsible for enforcing the policies and procedures of Intramural Sports. He/she must learn and enforce rules of the sport. All Officials must attend training sessions to learn rules, mechanics, positioning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Officiate all intramural sport league games and tournaments.
- Attend all officials training clinics.
- Perform scorekeeping responsibilities at games according to program and sport rules and mechanics.
- Assist with preparation, tear-down and inspection of the game site.
- Provide a safe environment for participants to compete.
- Report results and scores of intramural games to the Sport Supervisors.
- Call all intramural games with complete honesty and integrity.
- Run pregame captains’ meetings prior to each game to highlight important rules, regulations, modifications
- and any questions that may arise.
- Completion of availability through scheduling website.
- Develop knowledge of the rules, positioning, and mechanics for each sport.
- Act as a customer service representative for all participants and spectators.
- Verify participant eligibility by ensuring all participants have a 49er ID card and are listed on their team roster
- Ability to physically stand and run for brief and extended periods of time.
- Must be able to commit to working a minimum of two nights a week/weekend.
- Students must be currently enrolled with UNC-Charlotte.
- Maintain appropriate and professional demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs. without assistance.
- Visually recognize an emergency.
- Verbally communicate to participants and staff.
- Previous officiating experience.
- Knowledge of game rules and intramural policies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Applications are closed. Please check back at the end of the semester. Any questions regarding employment with Intramural Sports should be directed towards Tina Mata, email@example.com.